Yep, you read that right. Since last Tuesday, when I told you all about by fluctuating weight issues, I’ve been drinking a lot more water and working out and I’ve actually lost weight. I had a weigh-in today and I am 227 pounds. Woo, progress!! For the first week, I wasn’t sure what type of loss I would have and I am happy to have even lost one pound. My goal was a measly two pounds and I’m pretty sure I blew that goal out of the water.
Over the week, I’ve been researching weight loss tips and seeing what I could do to help make this journey easier.
Here’s some things that I learned:
1. Water is your friend. Drink as much as possible especially while you’re working out. Hydrate.
2. Don’t overexercise. I try to work out a little everyday, but really I only need to work out three times a week. I do want to try working in an easier ab work out on the alternate days because I’m going to be totally honest, I really want defined abs. We all have our goals lol :-)
3. Stand up when you can. Standing burns 1.5 times more calories than sitting. Since I’m working at the computer most of the day, it’s good to set my computer on the counter, so I can get work done and burn calories at the same time.
4. Don’t weigh yourself everyday. Since my weight has been fluctuaty it’s kind of disheartening to see it go up and down, but once a week is so much better to get a better idea of the weight loss progress.
5. Speak in positives. If you tell yourself you can, then you will.
6. Don’t deny yourself treats. The more you tell yourself that you can’t have something, the more you’ll want it. Give yourself a treat every once in a while. Indulge, just don’t completely go crazy.
I don’t want to bombard you with tons of weight loss tips, so I’ll stop here. If you all have any other tips, please share them below. We can help each other on this weight loss journey.
From the #1 Rule-breaker,